The BIRT Conference 2017
1. Payments- All bookings made prior to the conference must be paid in full to guarantee registration. Once payment has been received, an email confirmation will be sent. If payment is not made at the time of booking, registration will be provisional until payment is made. Bookings received less than two weeks before the conference date can only be paid by credit card or BACS payment.
2. Early Booking Price - In order to qualify for any 'early booking price' rates, booking and payment must be received before the deadline date listed in the conference marketing material.
3. Booking Online - If you have booked using our online booking system, you have a period of 7 days 'cooling off' from our providing written confirmation of the order to cancel your booking without charge.
4. Substitutions & Cancellations - Delegates may nominate an alternative person from their organisation to attend up to 24 hours prior to the start of the event, at no extra charge. Should substitution not be possible, cancellation charges apply as follows:
5. Access and Dietary Requirements - Delegates should advise of any special access and dietary requirements at the time of registration.
6. Registration Information - Registration information will be sent to registered delegates by email at least 28 days prior to the event, unless booking has been made less than 28 days before the event. Any delegate not receiving the registration information should contact us by email to email@example.com
7. Alterations to Programme or Cancellation / Postponement of Event - BIRT reserves the right to make alterations to the conference programme, venue and timings. In the unlikely event of the conference being cancelled by BIRT, a full refund will be made. Liability will be limited to the amount of the fee paid by the delegate. BIRT cannot be held responsible for any travel, subsistence or other costs incurred in relation to the conference. In the event of it being found necessary, for whatever reason, that the conference is being postponed or the dates being changed, the organisers shall not be liable for any expenditure, damage or loss incurred by the delegate.
If by re-arrangement or postponement the event can take place, the booking between the delegate and the organisers shall remain in force. Full refund on delegate booking will be offered, but the organisers shall not be liable as in 6 above.
8. Speakers - Views expressed by speakers are their own. BIRT cannot accept liability for advice given, or views expressed, by any speaker at the conference or in any material provided to delegates.
9. Photography and Filming - For promotional purposes, there may be a professional photographer taking photographs during the conference and at gala dinner. Delegates who do not wish to be photographed should advise the organisers by email to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the event.
10. Data Protection - By submitting registration details, delegates agree to allow BIRT to contact them regarding their services. Delegates who do not wish to receive such communications please email email@example.com. The names, job titles and organisations relating to registered delegates will be placed on the attendee list which will be passed to sponsoring companies, exhibitors and to all attendees for them to see who is at the conference for the purposes of networking. Delegates who do not wish to be included on this list should advise at the time of booking.
11. Websites and Links - The Brain Injury Rehabilitation Trust (BIRT / The Disabilities Trust) website, on which details of The BIRT Conference 2017 are featured, may link to other websites and networking tools provided for the convenience of the users. The contents of these websites are maintained by their owners, for which BIRT takes no responsibility. Neither can responsibility be taken for contents of any website linking to this website.
12. Insurance - It is the responsibility of the delegate to arrange appropriate insurance cover in connection with their attendance at the conference. BIRT cannot be held liable for any loss, liability or damage to personal property.
BIRT is a division of The Disabilities Trust and the means by which it provides its brain injury services. The Disabilities Trust is a company limited by guarantee incorporated in England and Wales under 2334589 and registered as a charity in England and Wales under 800797 and in Scotland under SC038972/BIRT:SC043579