- "The event": The BIRT Conference 2017
- "The organiser" The Brain Injury Rehabilitation Trust (part of The Disabilities Trust)
- "The exhibitor / sponsor". Any company or person purchasing display space or sponsorship of the event.
1. Exhibition Stand or Sponsorship Application
- The Exhibitor / Sponsor must apply for stand / sponsorship agreement with the Organiser.
- Upon receipt of the stand / sponsorship agreement of the Organiser will send an invoice to the Exhibitor / Sponsor
- Payment in full for the stand / sponsorship will be received by the Organiser within 31 days of the Exhibitor / Sponsor receiving the invoice.
- If the Exhibitor / Sponsor fails to pay the amount due in the time and manner agreed herein the Organiser may in writer require the Exhibitor / Sponsor to forego the stand / sponsorship allocation without the Organiser being under any liability to refund or abate sums paid due herein.
- The costs of the stand / sponsorship shall be as agreed. The Organiser reserves the right to alter the package under certain circumstances.
- All costs are quoted in UK pounds sterling. Any sums transferred outside the UK will be payable at the exchange rate applicable on the day of payment.
- If the Organiser requires the services of a third party to retrieve any overdue sums, the Exhibitor / Sponsor will be fully liable for all legal court costs and professional fees.
3. Exhibitor / Sponsor cancelation
- In the event of the Exhibitor / Sponsor giving written notice at any time prior to the event of his intention to cancel his stand / sponsorship or his failure to occupy the stand space or provide the relevant information by the day prior to the event the Ograniser will have absolute discretion to deal with the display space / sponsorship opportunity as it thinks fit, without being under liability to refund or abate any charges paid or herein except as provided below.
- Once a stand / sponsorship agreement has been entered into any Exhibitor / Sponsor who subsequently decides for any reason to withdraw from the event or reduce space / amount shall immediately inform the Organiser in writing and shall be liable to pay the following cancellation charges:
- Cancellations received in writing more than 60 days before the event - 50%
- Cancellations received in writing less than 60 days before the event - 100%
- In the event of the Exhibitor / Sponsor becoming bankrupt, going into liquidation or being under any appointment of a receiver, the Oganiser reserves the right to cancel any stand / sponsorship without being under liability to refund or rebate any charges paid or due herein.
4. Change of date or venue / Event cancelation
- The Organiser reserves the right at any time to change the date and / or venue of the Event or to cancel it altogether if they deem it necessary by reason of fire, flood, extreme weather conditions, acts of war or violence, malicious damage, explosion, earthquake, strike, civil disturbances, political unrest, riot, labor dispute, power cuts or any other cause beyond the Organiser's control or if the Oganiser for any other reason deems it necessary or advisable
- In such cases the Exhibitor / Sponsor waives any and all claims he might have against the Organiser for refunds, damage or expenses.
- In the event that the Event is cancelled by the Oganiser for commercial reasons, such as lack of support, then all sums paid by the Exhibitor / Sponsor will be refunded. The Exhibitor / Sponsor agrees that under these circumstances he will have no further claim against the Organiser.
5. Removal of exhibits
No exhibit can be dismantled, packed or removed until 4pm on 28th September 2017. If the exhibitor is in breach of this provision he shall pay in addition all sums otherwise due under this agreement, an amount equal to 20% of the total stand cost. The Exhibitor must ensure that all exhibits are removed from the premises by 6pm on the final day of the event 28th September 2017.
6. Display / stand design
The Organiser reserves the right to remove any materials or literature considered to be of an obscene or objectionable nature and remove any exhibits it considers to be unsafe. Compensation will not be given. The Exhibitor / Sponsor shall make good and indemnify the Organiser for any damages to the premises by the Exhibitor / Sponsor, his agents, contractors or employees.
No part of whole of any site may be sublet by the Exhibitor / Sponsor without the prior written permission of the Organiser.
Canvassing for orders and the distribution or display of printed materials, except by the Exhibitor on his own stand, is strictly prohibited. If the Exhibitor / Sponsor is in breach of this provision he may be asked to surrender the said display / printed materials and the right of expulsion may be exercised.
The Exhibitor / Sponsor must ensure that any sound coming from his stand is kept to a volume that does not cause any annoyance to other exhibitions or delegates or any other party. In case of any dispute the Organiser's decision is final.
The Exhibitor / Sponsor should ensure that all items on his stand are covered by full and comprehensive insurance and that valuables are locked away at all times. The Organiser cannot accept responsibility for any losses incurred. The Exhibitor / Sponsor is required to effect public liability insurance.
11. Limitation and liability
The Organiser, its agents and employees cannot be liable for any loss, theft, damage or injury to persons or property during the terms of his agreement from any cause whatsoever.
The Exhibitor / Sponsor shall defend the Organiser from and indemnify against any liability for injury to persons or property arising from any cause whatsoever in connection with the participation at the Event by the Exhibitor / Sponsor, his agents, contractors or employees. The Exhibitor / Sponsor should also ensure that he has adequate insurance to cover all liabilities and rights.
13. Breach of terms and conditions
If the Exhibitor / Sponsor is in breach of any of the Terms and Conditions contained herein the Organiser reserves the right without notice to the Exhibitor / Sponsor to offer the stand / sponsorship to another company or use it in any manner it deems fit. This shall not be construed as affecting the responsibility of the Exhibitor / Sponsor to pay the full amount specified in the contract. Any dispute or enforcement shall be settled under English law.