We provide a wide range of assessment and rehabilitation services to meet the needs of people with acquired brain injury (ABI).
Our referral service is free, transparent, available nationally and expert-led.
The person does not need to have a recent injury or have undertaken previous rehabilitation.
1. Complete and submit our new online referral form
2. We will contact you to discuss which centre would best suit the needs of the person you are referring
3. Provide relevant information, such as the person's medical reports and records, plus an indication of their current situation and needs
4. We will contact you to arrange a pre-admission assessment with the person you are referring. This helps us understand whether our centres are suitable for their needs
5. If we cannot support the person you want to refer, we will give you details of other organisations that could help
6. After the assessment you will receive a report with recommendations for service provision and associated costs
7. We will also host a visit to the centre of your choice. This allows the person being referred to see the facilities and environment as well as meet service users and the team responsible for service delivery
8. Once funding has been agreed we will arrange admission to an appropriate centre. These arrangements are carefully planned to meet the needs of the person being referred as well as their family and carers
For general advice and guidance, including finding the centre to best meet your needs:
Call: 01924 266 344
Write to: The Brain Injury Rehabilitation Trust, 3 Westgate Court, Silkwood Park, Wakefield, WF5 9TJ.
Share this page