It does not matter if the injury was recent or a long time ago, or whether the person has had rehabilitation before.
1. Complete and submit our new online referral form
2. We will contact you to discuss the most suitable BIRT centre for the person you are referring
3. Send us relevant information, such as medical reports and records for the person being referred, an indication of their needs and their current situation
4. We will contact you to arrange a pre-admission assessment with the person you are referring. This will help us understand whether our centres are suitable for their needs
5. If we cannot support the person you want to refer, we will give you details of other organisations that could help you
6. After the assessment you will receive a report with recommendations for service provision and associated costs
7. We will also host a visit to the service of your choice so the person being referred can view the facilities and environment, meet service users and the team responsible for service delivery
8. Once funding has been agreed we will arrange admission to an appropriate centre. The arrangements will meet the needs of the person you are referring as well as their family and carers
For general advice and guidance, including finding the centre to best meet your needs:
Call: 01924 266 344
Write to: The Brain Injury Rehabilitation Trust, 3 Westgate Court, Silkwood Park, Wakefield, WF5 9TJ.
Share this page