The Disabilities Trust Annual Review 2015-16 is now available to download. Please see below for the 'Easy Read' version. We are pleased to have seen many high points in what has been a very demanding year.
- there has been an ambitious redevelopment of the facilities at Heathermount, our school for children with autism and Asperger syndrome
- the Brain Injury Rehabilitation Trust gained national exposure through the Louis Theroux documentary 'A Different Brain'
- On the back of our very successful 'ConnectAbility' campaign our Physical Disability services are developing a series of Hubs which will utilize the latest in assistive communications technology to better enable, not only our own service users, but also the wider community (these include 3-D printers and I-pads.
- The Disabilities Trust Foundation's brain injury linkworker pilot in HMP Leeds drew to a successful close with another such linkworker service opened in the North West.
- The Brain Injury Needs Indicator (BINI) was successfully launched at the conference in October 2015 with a target of reaching 20% of the 152 local authorities in England during the first year of operation.