Living at a Disability Lifestyles service | Personalisation
The information on this page is designed for the families, carers and friends of service users. It will give you an insight into what we do, together with an overview of our assessment process.
Living at a Disability Lifestyles service
The surroundings in our Disability Lifestyles services are developed to the highest standards. All centres offer a safe, comfortable environment with extensive grounds and gardens for service users to enjoy.
Decorated to the individual's taste, with modern interiors, the clean, bright rooms offer a homely and inviting place to live, affording privacy, peace of mind and freedom of choice, yet with staff on hand at any time of day to offer support.
- Tailoring support to people's individual needs
- Ensuring that people have access to information, advocacy and
- Advice to make informed decisions about their care and support
- Finding new collaborative ways of working (sometimes known as co-production) that support people to actively engage in the design, delivery and evaluation of services
- Developing local partnerships to co-produce a range of services for people to choose from and opportunities for social inclusion and community development
- Developing the right leadership and organisational systems to enable staff to work in creative, person-centred ways
- Embedding early intervention, reablement and prevention so that people are supported early on and in a way that's right for them
- Recognising and supporting carers in their role, while enabling them to maintain a life beyond their caring responsibilities
- Ensuring all citizens have access to universal community services and resources - a total system response