As a leading national charity we believe that highly trained and motivated staff are vital to help us continue our excellent track record of providing life-changing support for people with disabilities.
Keen to gain professional qualifications?
No problem – where appropriate we’ll help to support you achieve these. We will provide you with the training you need to undertake your role, to develop your career and reach your potential.
Our own Learning Centre delivers Qualification and Credit Framework (QCF) qualifications to support frontline staff to further their careers and develop the skills they need to step up into management and leadership roles.
For clinical staff, our multi-disciplinary team approach and commitment to research offers an unrivalled opportunity for professional development.
We encourage staff in our administration departments, such as finance and HR which support our operational services, to obtain professional qualifications which contribute to their role.
We also offer an excellent benefits package which consists of:
- We offer 28 days annual leave increasing to 30 days after 3 years service and to 33 days after 5 years service.
- For certain roles the annual leave entitlement will commence at 33 days, rising to 35 days after 3 years service and 38 days after 5 years service
- These entitlements are inclusive of Bank Holidays and Public Holidays.
- Extra hours and time off in lieu
- Depending on the nature of the role, hourly paid staff may have the opportunity to work extra hours and/or take time off in lieu.
- Stakeholder bonus scheme - A discretionary stakeholder bonus scheme is in operation for all eligible staff.
All eligible employees will be automatically enrolled into our pension scheme and there is no qualifying period for entry. Details of contribution levels vary according to your role.
Group Life Assurance
The Disabilities Trust offers free life assurance cover to all employees at a minimum of twice annual salary dependent on the level of role and following a qualification period.
Sickness Pay & Private Medical Insurance
- The Disabilities Trust operates a statutory and occupational sick pay scheme.
- For certain levels of role employees will be eligible to join the private medical insurance scheme.
For certain roles, a company car may be offered.
Free Car Parking
At most of our work locations free parking is provided
Staff Award Scheme
To recognise some of the great contributions our staff make our staff awards scheme recognises excellence across the Trust. Awards are made on a quarterly basis in two categories – Individual and Team.
Long Service Awards
We are extremely proud that we have great staff who want to stay working with us for a long time. We recognise their loyalty, commitment and hard work through our long service awards.
Eye Care Voucher Scheme
The Disabilities Trust operates a scheme for staff (who need eye tests and are regularly using computers as part of their role) to receive an eye-care voucher which entitles you to arrange an eye examination in any one of over 500 Specsavers stores in the UK along with a voucher towards the cost of spectacles.
For more information on our staff benefits please contact our HR team on CSSHR@thedtgroup.org