Why we use your personal information
We use your data for the following purposes: -
- To send letters of correspondence or requests for the purpose of supporting The Disabilities Trust including event invitations and campaign support;
- To identify if you have registered with the Fundraising Preference Service, Corporate Telephone Preference Service, Telephone Preference Service and/or have notified the Trust that you do not wish to be contacted and/or receive direct marketing information regarding our services and activities;
- Unless we have identified (or been made aware) you do not wish to receive marketing information, as per above – to contact you directly in the future regarding our services, future fundraising campaigns and/or events (i.e. via postal and electronic marketing);
- To send you newsletters regarding the Trust’s activities;
- To create publicity materials to promote the Trust’s activities – for inclusion on/in our or other website(s), social media, press articles and/or case studies);
- For use in our internal publications such as Managers Bulletin and dtFocus;
- For financial reporting;
- For external use such as Annual Review.
How we obtain your personal information and the types of personal information we may obtain
If you are a celebrity your personal information is collected via CelebrityWorld, your website, Twitter, or directly given by you, or your Agent.
We process the following types of personal information in relation to you - e.g. (this is not an exhaustive list):
- Celebrity Name;
- Celebrity Date of Birth;
- Celebrity Contact Details (e.g. Mobile, Fax etc);
- Celebrity Agent Name;
- Celebrity Agent Contact Details (e.g. Address, Tel, Mobile, Fax);
- Celebrity Social Media links/profiles.
- Celebrity Website
Our legal basis for using your personal information
The processing of your personal information is based upon the lawful basis of: -
- Legitimate Interest - For the purpose(s) of sending you letters, requests and invites where we know there is an interest in Disability, Autism or Brain Injury or other topics associated with our charitable purpose.
Who we may share your personal information with
We may share your information with: -
- The Trust’s Technology Providers, who support our day to day operations;
- Our Marketing Partners – e.g.:
- Marketing Automation Partners;
- Social Media;
- Event Organisations - to register you for an event;
- Mailing Houses - to provide you with information regarding our services and/or future events (i.e. via telephone, postal and electronic marketing);
- Design Agencies - so we can create publicity materials to promote the Trust’s activities; however, this is only where we have obtained your fully informed, freely given, consent).
The transfer of your personal information to a Country or International Organisation outside of the European Union
We intend to transfer personal information outside of the European Union, to some of our Technology and/or Marketing Partners.
These transfers occur on the basis of the protection provided by the EU-US Privacy Shield.
How long we keep hold of your data
We retain the personal information processed by us, only for as long as is considered necessary for the purpose for which it was collected (including as required by applicable law or regulation). In the absence of specific legal, regulatory or contractual requirements, our baseline retention period for your personal information and other documentary created is 2 years from consent or unless updated by CelebrityWorld. Our Records Retention Policy sets out how long records should be retained.
Automated Decision Making & Profiling
We do not make any decisions in relation to your personal information, solely by automated means without any human involvement (e.g. we do not conduct automated decision making).
Neither do we conduct any automated processing of personal information to evaluate certain things about you (e.g. we do not conduct profiling).