Why we use your personal information
We use your data for the following purposes: -
- To acknowledge, process and thank you for your donation (unless no acknowledgement is required, or insufficient contact details have been provided);
- To process gift aid from HMRC on donations made;
- To identify if you have registered with the Fundraising Preference Service, Corporate Telephone Preference Service, Telephone Preference Service and/or have notified the Trust that you do not wish to be contacted and/or receive direct marketing information regarding our services and activities;
- Unless we have identified (or been made aware) you do not wish to receive marketing information, as per above – to contact you directly in the future regarding our services, future fundraising campaigns and/or events (i.e. via postal and electronic marketing);
- To send you newsletters regarding the Trust’s activities.
- To create publicity materials to promote the Trust’s activities – for inclusion on/in our or other website(s), social media, press articles and/or case studies);
- For use in our internal publications such as Managers Bulletin and dtFocus;
- For financial reporting;
- For external use such as Annual Review.
How we obtain your personal information and the types of personal information we may obtain
Your personal information is collected via our Partners, Just Giving or Virgin Money or directly given by you.
We process the following types of personal information in relation to you (unless your donation is anonymous) - e.g. (this is not an exhaustive list): -
- Your Gender
- Your Title
- Your Name
- Your Contact Details (address, telephone number, email)
- Your Date of Birth
- Your donation preferences including Direct Debit/Standing Order details
- Your employment status
- Amount donated
- Gift Aid information
- Your bank details including any cheques provided etc.
Our legal basis for using your personal information
The processing of your personal information is based upon the lawful basis of: -
- Legitimate Interest - For the purpose(s) of acknowledging and thanking you for your donation and associated correspondence;
- Consent- For the purpose of contacting you in relation to future fundraising campaigns, events and/or sending newsletters and inclusion of your information on our or other website(s), social media, press articles and/or case studies (in which case we will always obtain your fully informed, freely given, consent (i.e. we will obtain your permission).
- Legal Obligation – For cases where you may have objected to marketing, we also have a legal obligation to hold some personal data, albeit limited, in order to ensure no more marketing is sent to you and to fulfil our legal responsibilities for financial and gift aid reporting.
If you are 16 or Under
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under and we process your data on the legal basis of Consent (i.e. your permission), we will ensure we obtain your parent/guardian's Consent beforehand whenever you or other parties, provide us with your personal information.
Who we may share your personal information with
We may share your information with: -
- The Trust’s Technology Providers, who support our day to day operations;
- Our Marketing Partners – e.g.:
- Marketing Automation Partners;
- Social Media;
- Event Organisations - to register you for an event;
- Mailing Houses - to provide you with information regarding our services and/or future events (i.e. via telephone, postal and electronic marketing);
- Design Agencies - so we can create publicity materials to promote the Trust’s activities; however, this is only where we have obtained your fully informed, freely given, consent).
The transfer of your personal information to a Country or International Organisation outside of the European Union
We intend to transfer personal information outside of the European Union, to some of our Technology and/or Marketing Partners.
These transfers occur on the basis of the protection provided by the EU-US Privacy Shield.
How long we keep hold of your data
We retain the personal information processed by us, only for as long as is considered necessary for the purpose for which it was collected (including as required by applicable law or regulation).
If you claim Gift Aid on a donation you make, we are required by HMRC to keep data related to your donation for six years after the tax year in which the donation was made. OurRecords Retention Policysets out how long records should be retained.
Automated Decision Making & Profiling
We do not make any decisions in relation to your personal information, solely by automated means without any human involvement (e.g we do not conduct automated decision making).
Neither do we conduct any automated processing of personal information to evaluate certain things about you (e.g. we do not conduct profiling).