Why we use your personal information
We use your data for the following purposes: -
- To send you applications, letters and proposals for the purpose of obtaining additional income to support activities;
- To store your preferences for future contact;
- To send updates of the agreed funded projects;
- To identify if you have registered with the Fundraising Preference Service, Corporate Telephone Preference Service, Telephone Preference Service and/or have notified the Trust that you do not wish to be contacted and/or receive direct marketing information regarding our services and activities;
- Unless we have identified (or been made aware) you do not wish to receive marketing information, as per above – to contact you directly in the future regarding our services, future fundraising campaigns and / or events (i.e. via postal and electronic marketing);
- To send you newsletters regarding the Trust’s activities;
- To create publicity materials to promote the Trust’s activities – for inclusion on/in our or other website(s), social media, press articles and/or case studies);
- For use in our internal publications such as Managers Bulletin and dtFocus;
- For financial reporting;
- For external use such as Annual Review.
How we obtain your personal information and the types of personal information we may obtain
Your personal information is collected via the Charity Commission, your website or directly given by you.
We process the following types of personal information in relation to you - e.g. (this is not an exhaustive list):
- Trust Name;
- Trust Address;
- Trust Email;
- Details of support given;
- Monetary amounts given;
- Preferences for Contact;
- Admin or Trustee Name;
- Admin or Trustee Address;
- Admin or Trustee email;
- Telephone number
Our legal basis for using your personal information
The processing of your personal information is based upon the lawful basis of: -
- Legitimate Interest – If you are a business contact, for the purpose(s) of sending you applications, letters and proposals in line with your organisation’s public application processes and/or Trust interest and contacting you in relation to future fundraising campaigns, events and/or sending newsletters.
- Consent– For the purpose of contacting you, if you are a private individual, in relation to future fundraising campaigns, events and/or sending newsletters.
- Consent– If you are a private individual or a business contact, for inclusion of your information on our or other website(s), social media, press articles and/or case studies (in which case we will always obtain your fully informed, freely given, consent (i.e. we will obtain your permission).
Who we may share your personal information with
We may share your information with: -
- The Trust’s Technology Providers, who support our day to day operations;
- Our Marketing Partners – e.g.: -
- Marketing Automation Partners;
- Social Media;
- Event Organisations - to register you for an event;
- Mailing Houses - to provide you with information regarding our services and/or future events (i.e. via telephone, postal and electronic marketing);
- Design Agencies - so we can create publicity materials to promote the Trust’s activities; however, this is only where we have obtained your fully informed, freely given, consent).
The transfer of your personal information to a Country or International Organisation outside of the European Union
We intend to transfer personal information outside of the European Union, to some of our Technology and/or Marketing Partners.
These transfers occur on the basis of the protection provided by the EU-US Privacy Shield.
How long we keep hold of your data
We retain the personal information processed by us, only for as long as is considered necessary for the purpose for which it was collected (including as required by applicable law or regulation). Our Records Retention Policy sets out how long records should be retained.
Automated Decision Making & Profiling
We do not make any decisions in relation to your personal information, solely by automated means without any human involvement (e.g. we do not conduct automated decision making).
Neither do we conduct any automated processing of personal information to evaluate certain things about you (e.g. we do not conduct profiling).