Referrals should be made directly to Hollyrood. We accept referrals from a wide range of agencies including health, social services, medico-legal and other specialist providers.
Our referral service is free, transparent, available nationally and expert-led - we support you through the referral process every step of the way. BIRT provides a wide range of assessment and rehabilitation services to meet the needs of people with acquired brain injury (ABI). It does not matter if the injury was recent or a long time ago, or whether the person has had rehabilitation before.
- Complete and submit our secure online referral form to refer someone for brain injury rehabilitation at one of our centres. Click 'submit' to send the information securely to our central referrals desk in Wakefield.
- The most suitable service will then be discussed with you
- Send us relevant information about the person you are referring, such as medical reports, records, an indication of their needs and current situation.
- We will contact you to arrange a pre-admission assessment with the person you are referring, to help understand whether our centres are suitable for their needs
- If we feel we cannot provide suitable service for the person you wish to refer, we will give you details of other relevant organisations that could help you
- Following the assessment you will receive a report with recommendations for service provision and associated costs
- We will also host a visit to the service of your choice so that your client, patient, or loved one can view the facilities and environment, meet the team responsible for service delivery and other service users
- Once funding has been agreed we will arrange admission to an appropriate centre. The arrangements will meet the needs of the person you are referring as well as their family and / or carers
Where we are
Hollyrood is less than half a mile from the village of Lindfield and two miles from Haywards Heath, with mainline railway links to London (40 minutes) and Brighton as well as a good selection of shops, colleges and leisure facilities. The two community houses also benefit from excellent local facilities and transport links including buses.
Address:Hollyrood, Ardingly Road, Lindfield, RH16 2QY