Who is it for?
The Brain Injury Rehabilitation Trust (BIRT)'s new in-reach service works with people in prison, young offender institutions and on probation who have an acquired brain injury (ABI).
What do we offer?
- Neuropsychological assessments
- Bespoke in-reach linkworker support
- Specialist bespoke consultations with offenders
- Support with community integration and transition including release from prison
- A screening tool to identify those people who have sustained an acquired brain injury
- Design and delivery of in-cell rehabilitation programmes for offenders with a brain injury
- Guidance, support and education to agencies and families about how to support people with a brain injury
- Specialist brain injury training to clinical psychologists, forensic psychologists and other professionals working in forensic settings
For more information: