Where we are
Graham Anderson House is located close to the cosmopolitan city of Glasgow, with easy access to the city centre and excellent rail and road links to the rest of Scotland and all parts of the UK. For more information about Graham Anderson House please contact the service manager at the address:
Address:Graham Anderson House, 1161 Springburn Road, Glasgow, G21 1UU
Referrals should be made directly to Graham Anderson House. We accept referrals from a wide range of agencies including health, social services, medico-legal and other specialist providers.
The Brain Injury Rehabilitation Trust (BIRT)'s referral service is free, transparent, available nationally and expert-led - we support you through the referral process every step of the way. BIRT provides a wide range of assessment and rehabilitation services to meet the needs of people with acquired brain injury (ABI). It does not matter if the injury was recent or a long time ago, or whether the person has had rehabilitation before.
- Complete and return our secure online BIRT referral form
- The most suitable BIRT service will then be discussed with you
- Send us relevant information about the person you are referring, such as medical reports, records, an indication of their needs and current situation.
- We will contact you to arrange a pre-admission assessment with the person you are referring, to help understand whether our centres are suitable for their needs
- If we feel we cannot provide suitable service for the person you wish to refer, we will give you details of other relevant organisations that could help you
- Following the assessment you will receive a report with recommendations for service provision and associated costs
- We will also host a visit to the service of your choice so that your client, patient, or loved one can view the facilities and environment, meet the team responsible for service delivery and other service users
- Once funding has been agreed we will arrange admission to an appropriate centre. The arrangements will meet the needs of the person you are referring as well as their family and / or carers