Referrals should be made directly to York House. We accept referrals from a wide range of agencies including health, social services, medico-legal and other specialist providers. The Brain Injury Rehabilitation Trust (BIRT)'s referral service is free, transparent, available nationally and expert-led - we support you through the referral process every step of the way. We provide a wide range of assessment and rehabilitation services to meet the needs of people with acquired brain injury (ABI). It does not matter if the injury was recent or a long time ago, or whether the person has had rehabilitation before.
- Complete and submit our secure online referral form to refer someone for brain injury rehabilitation at one of our centres. Click 'submit' to send the information securely to our central referrals desk in Wakefield.
- Send us relevant information about the person you are referring, such as medical reports, records, an indication of their needs and current situation.
- We will contact you to arrange a pre-admission assessment with the person you are referring, to help understand whether our centres are suitable for their needs. If we feel we cannot provide suitable service for the person you wish to refer, we will give you details of other relevant organisations that could help you
- Following the assessment you will receive a report with recommendations for service provision and associated costs. We will also host a visit to the service of your choice so that your client, patient, or loved one can view the facilities and environment, meet the team responsible for service delivery and other service users
- Once funding has been agreed we will arrange admission to an appropriate centre. The arrangements will meet the needs of the person you are referring as well as their family and / or carers
View our bed availability page.
Where we are
Situated in the city of York with easy access to the A1, York House has excellent rail and road links to all parts of the UK. For further information about York House please contact the Service Manager at the address:
Address:York House, Heslington Road, York, YO10 5BN