We accept referrals from a wide range of agencies including health, social services, medico-legal and other specialist providers. Our referral service is free, transparent, available nationally and expert-led - we support you through the referral process every step of the way.
- Complete a referral on our secure online referrals portal to refer someone to a Disabilities Trust service. Click 'submit' to send the information securely to our central referrals desk in Wakefield.
- The most suitable service will then be discussed with you
- Send us relevant information about the person you are referring, such as medical reports, records, an indication of their needs and current situation.
- We will contact you to arrange a pre-admission assessment with the person you are referring, to help understand whether our centres are suitable for their needs
If we feel we cannot provide suitable service for the person you wish to refer, we will give you details of other relevant organisations that could help you
- Following the assessment you will receive a report with recommendations for service provision and associated costs
- We will also host a visit to the service of your choice so that your client, patient, or loved one can view the facilities and environment, meet the team responsible for service delivery and other service users
- Once funding has been agreed we will arrange admission to an appropriate centre. The arrangements will meet the needs of the person you are referring as well as their family and / or carers
Where we are
Eastbourne has an attractive sea front with Beachy Head and the South Downs within easy reach. There are many amenities such as local shopping complex, a leisure centre and colleges. Regular trips are arranged into town including outings to shows, concerts and sporting events. Transport is provided by three wheelchair accessible vehicles and there is access to local taxis, trains and buses.
Address:Shinewater Court, Milfoil Drive, Eastbourne, BN23 8ED